Tuesday, December 16, 2008

BASKETBALL BABE!!!

Yesterday and today(Monday and Tuesday) were Jr. High basketball tryouts. I have been nervous forever!! There were about 45 girls who tried out. The first day about half were cut. And the ones who made first cuts were to return the next day to see who made the team. I made first cuts and agian was nervous for the final desicion. I didn't think I did that well and I honestly didn't think I made it. I was almost in tears. The coach said that the list would be posted about five minutes after tryouts(which was quick). I slumped back to my locker and got my stuff ready to go home. I freaked my mom out when i text her and said "come" she thought I didn't make it and was going to get me a treat. But within the next 5 minutes I was headed to see the list of girls who made the team. And then one of my friends was yelling down the hall saying I had made it. I was so so so excited!!!! I text my mom that i made it and she didn't think i needed the treat anymore. Everyone was so proud and so was I!! Tomorrow is our first practice..I am thinking we are going to be running a lot. Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

Brent, Laci, Kaylie and Madison said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!! I knew you could do it!! You are too good of a basketball player for them not to choose you. You are going to love it and I can't wait to see you play!!! GOOD LUCK!! Love ya babe!!

Paula and Zach said...

Congratulations, Taylor!! We're so excited for you!! Please let us know when you're playing so that we can come and see you!

Chelise R said...

HEY! TAYOR thats awesome is everyone bratty or nice? i want to come to your games call me! SEE YA

Steve, Bridgit, and Kids said...

Yeah for Shmay!!! We are so proud of you and we can't wait to see you play. See, all that hard work finally paid off.