Sunday, March 1, 2009

Our Vacation!

We each are going to post a paragraph about our vacation!

Taylor: This vacation has been great! The flight was good, but long and we got picked up at the airport and got to ride in a cadillac on our way to the hotel. About 5 minutes away from the hotel is Downtown Disney. It has lots of restraunts and little shops. We spent our first day in Orlando there, and when we returned we went swimming. One event during the trip was we got to go on a kayak tour and were surrounded by dolphins! They are now my favorite animals:) I am very sad to have to leave the sun and return to school, but I have had a fantastic time! Thanks Dad!

Kamryn: I have been a little sick, but I am feeling better now. My favorite part of the vacation was seeing the dolphins and ocean creatures on our kayak safari. My favorite ride was in Epcot. It was really cool because it took our picture and put it in a little show that showed the future. I got to play in the ocean when we went to the beach! It was way fun. I loved when we got to have room service. I liked to see Goofy, Minnie, and Pluto at the character breakfast.

Rustyn: we went kaykaing it was fun we saw lots of dolphins and 1 manatee. I was the captain
the guide said. We found i found a pretty big one. there were birds that would fly up in the sky look for fish and shoot down about 50 mph in the water and catch them. we went in a tunnel and it was really cramped but we managed to get through it. in one part it was really shallow and three people got stuck! kami was excited, and so was everbody else.

Dad: As the kids have mentioned we have had quite an adventure. I love being with the kids like this, just us and a blank schedule:) We started the vacation with an evening of shopping and dinner at Downtown Disney. Later the kids talked me into a late night swim and hot tub soak, they love the water. Friday was our big day at Disney's Magic Kingdom, I gave the kids a choice of Adventure Land or Magic Kingdom. As usual it was a lot of walking but tons of fun. Kamryn and I were both battling colds so it was a bit of a long day, good weather and fun but long. Saturday we decided to do something different so we rented a car, got up early and drove to Cocoa Beach. We did a 3 hour Kayak tour in a place called Thousand Islands. Kam and I had a tandem boat, Tay had her own, and Rustyn got to ride with our guide Mickey. We paddled our way around the ocean harbor weaving in and out of trees and other boats. The kayak tour was incredible, we were able to get within 15 feet of several dolphins, stingrays, and other aquatic creatures. It was such a great time together without the crowds. We of course finished the day at the beach then drove back to Orlando for room service and some tv:) Today was our day at Epcot, the weather was not very good, in fact we were all pretty cold all day, despite the cold we had fun and today was actually kind of a "goofy" day. Kam and I both felt great today and since the park wasn't too crowded we had a good time. I love embarassing my kids, it is so easy to do:) We have been debating whether to squeeze in another theme park or Sea World tomorrow before we leave. Our flight leaves late in the afternoon so we have time but at the end of the day we all decided to take advantage of the hotels tennis courts, basketball courts, pools, and game rooms and just take it easy for our last day. In hind site on more day in Orlando would probably have been perfect but our time together has been well spent. This vacation has been the first time since the divorce that I have really done something with just the kids and I. Yes we have had other vacations but there has always been something or someone around (work, friends, family, etc.) I wanted to see what it would be like with just us. I wasn't sure what to expect but I can tell you I did not expect the bitter sweetness of the vacation. Disney is a family place and although we are a family, we are a family with a missing piece. I did not expect this to effect me the way it has.... Life is different but my kids are amazing and I'm so proud of them and love every minute I'm with them. We are going to try and download a few photos unless they talk me into ordering pizza and treats:)

5 comments:

Steve, Bridgit, and Kids said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane Moore said...

You 4 are great!!!! What a fun vacation. Jer, you are an incredible dad and the kids are very blessed to have you in their lives. I love you all so much!!!! Man, Gina would have loved to see all those dolphins. We want details when you get home!

Steve, Bridgit, and Kids said...

I love this post. I love that each of you wrote a paragraph. Thanks a lot, Jer, you made me cry with yours. Seriously though, I can imagine that it was a little bittersweet. I'm glad that you took the kids and made these really incredible memories. You're a great dad and I'm really proud of you for being there for your kids when they need you. I'm really glad a shark didn't eat all of you when you were out kayaking (LOL). I can't wait to get all of the details when you get home. We've missed you guys.

Brent, Laci, Kaylie and Madison said...

LUCKY!!!! You guys must have had an amazing time...I am so jealous. Can't wait to see you!!

Paula and Zach said...

What a fun vacation! How lucky you were to do so much! Jeremie, you are such a great dad and have such great kids. Hope to see you guys soon!