Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Always Something New:)

Tay I have to help you stay on top of this blog thing. I have to say I had one of the best weekends this past weekend. The kids and I got to hang out at Grandma and Grandpa's for the Henefer Tournaments! We also got to hang out with Gina and Ed which was fun to meet Ed and get to know him. Ed is a cool guy and we hope we get to see more of him. Anyway the weekend was sort of busy but very relaxing at the same time. I not only had a good time with the family but my time with the kids was so much fun. My kids are great! I'm not exactly sure what made the weekend so good... I guess it was a compilation of many events (no it wasn't me hitting the winning shot on Friday night, nor the airball the next night, lol) Just a great weekend.

Kamryn came to Jackson with me on Sunday. She was only with me for a day but we had fun. I have to tell a funny story. So Kamryn is a good sport about my busy work schedule and just kind of goes with the flow. She really is a daddy's girl and I love it. Anyway Monday morning was hectic and we got a late start to the day which meant a late breakfast. We had a fun day together running around to various places getting my work done so we could get to Rustyn's game. We finally finished work and made it to Rustyn's bball game on Monday night. I returned home that same night and got in late. The next morning I was sitting on my couch catching up on a little ESPN and saw an apple that I had left on my coffee table a few days earlier. The apple appeared fine so I proceeded to pick up the apple and remove the sticker to have what would most likely be my breakfast. As I peeled back the sticker I noticed what I intially thought was a bruise or cut on the apple. Further inspection revealed two small teeth marks, apparently Kamryn got hungry waiting for me on Monday morning, decided to try the apple but it must not have been to her liking so she put the sticker back on the apple covering up her little bite. I guess she thought dad would never know. :) I called Kamryn after school to give her a hard time, she told me "sorry, I got hungry but the apple wasn't that good." I miss those little things that happen in my kids daily lives but I'm so thankful for the times when I do get to experience them. I love my little Kamryn, my teenage daughter, and my rockstar athelete Rus. Love you guys. Dad.

5 comments:

Brent, Laci, Kaylie and Madison said...

HAHA!! That's really funny about the apple and the air ball, though I am not surprised!! But where are the PICTURES???

Diane Moore said...

I can just picture Kams face when she tasted that apple! She is a character. The weekend was a blast. We love having everyone come home!!!!

Paula and Zach said...

Kamryn cracks me up, she is hilarious! Hope to see you guys again soon!

Steve, Bridgit, and Kids said...

Clever to use the sticker as a cover up. She's so hilarious. I will give you credit though, the winning shot was pretty good. No comment on the air ball.

Gina Moore said...

HA! That's the cutest! Way to fake out your Dad Kamryn! :) It was so great seeing you guys and I look forward to seeing you again. I'll admit Jer...you did have some nice shots at the Tourney's...but I believe that Taylor could still take you in a game of HORSE or Round The World!! LOL